Friday 4 June 2010

Sunny day at the seaside

On Wednesday the weather was beautiful, sunny and hot, so I took my friend Michelle out for the day. She works in a school and they had a week off this week so we thought we would go to Whitby. We parked at Sandsend then walked along the beach to Whitby which is about a mile or so, bought some cockles and muscles off the seafood stall which were really tasty and then had a walk around all the lovely shops there. There is an artist I really love called Chris Geall who has a shop in Whitby called Trattles and Geall so we took a look inside. Chris was in the back of the shop working on one of his oil paintings which was interesting to see. I wasn't actually looking to buy a painting there and then but an oil painting of the sea caught my eye by a different artist and I just had to have it. It cost me £180 but its really beautiful and will be my first ever original art I have ever bought, its exciting! They are posting it out to me so when I receive it I will take a pic and post it on here for you all to see. After buying a few bits and bobs and enjoying a delicious ice cream we headed for the chip shop and bought some chips to eat while walking back along the shore to Sandsend. We were both exhausted by the time we got back to the car from the sun and all the walking we did (we must have walked at least 5 or 6 miles) but we had a really lovely day.

Whitby Harbour.

Looking back at where we had just walked from. In the distance is Sandsend where we started our walk, we were only half way to Whitby.

This wasn't my kite but I loved it. I will have to have a look out for one like this to buy.

The little huts you can rent out. I love them.

Michelle.

Whitby Harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment